- This event has passed.
MoPOP Sensory Friendly Programs (CANCELLED)
March 21 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
NOTE: This event is CANCELLED due to Govenor Inslee’s ban on public gatherings of 250+ in King, Pierce & Snohomish Counties related to COVID-19! Please see venue’s website for more info.
Join MoPOP for their Sensory-Friendly Programs, an opportunity for adults and families to experience the museum with lowered volume and light levels. All participants will have full access to MoPOP galleries and the opportunity to take part in an art activity. Sensory-Friendly Programs welcome anyone who can benefit from a low-sensory museum environment.
- Free access when the museum is closed to the general public
- Advanced notice of what to expect during your visit (Check out an example of our social story from our last event!)
- Lowered sound and lighting in galleries and Sky Church
- Art activity and low-sensory break spaces
- Noise-cancelling headphones available
- Access to museum galleries
“The feeling of acceptance, the friendliness and
interest of the staff, and the lack of crowds made the whole visit
so much easier and less stressful.”
- (206) 770-2700